December 5, 2011

Style+DIY= Totally Thrifted Outfit (TTO)

                                                                                  I purchased this "schoolmarm"(thats what hubby calls dresses this length) dress on black friday for a buck. Since I had a free 30 minutes to myself the other day I was able to pull out the sewing machine and shorten the hem.

 Transformed!

I then layered it with another black friday find. This blazer was $3.

Add thrifted belt and Gap ballet flats. Both $1.00 each ...




Voila! 

BTW if you wanna see other thrifters finds or just need someone to tell you that your need to thrift is normal, check out Shanas Blog. Shes an awesome enabler :)

How did you spend your free time this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up at enabling. lol. I love the dress with the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love thrifting too!! It's the best way of unique-shopping, and you did an amazing job shortening the dress and adding that pretty cardigan! Looks really nice!
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sweetie :) we're now thrifting buddies!
    Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love how you restyled this dress. LOOKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you wear your head scarf
    Your dress transformation looks great, it looks gorgeous Well done.

    Kiwi ..x
    (now following, Hope you follow back)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, well I am finally able to get to everyones blog...haha and umm enabler! haha ok..maybe I do enable...but at least I am not enabling you to spend waaaaay too much money on new things when old things are essentially free!

    I love that chevron blazer...LOVE...you will have fun with that piece...thank you for always being such a great bloggy friend and supporter...I may not have time to always reply but your comments always make me smile. thank you mama

    Shana

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think :)