As we head into the warm weather, conversations in the blogisphere have turned toward cookouts, roadtrips and all things summer. We cant wait for the weather to change so that we can shed the extra layers of clothing and bask in the sunshine for a few months. We also are forced to come face to face with our bodies. Summer heat makes it really hard to hide what we consider flaws.
After having 2 children I must say my self image wavers at times. When the sun begins to beat down and my only choice is to die from heat stroke because I dont want someone to notice my back/belly fat or just let it all hang out it can be a real head trip.
Enter Amber of CurryCurls:
![]() |
| Image property of Amber @ CurryCurls |
Her post regarding body acceptance really put me in the right head space. Please take a second and click here to check out what she has to say about it all.
Happy Hump Day!

I love when she said "I'm just me". I've been following the Gabifresh/xojane/today show/fatkini stuff, and I just don't get it. I'm just me. If you don't like it don't look. But don't make us feel like we are freaks for wearing bathing suits or showing off our flabby arms or belly rolls!
ReplyDeletethanks for posting this! i think every woman needs to read something like this every once in a while!
ReplyDeleteMy exact reason for posting :)
DeleteHer post was awesome - and she looks fabulous! So do you :)
ReplyDeleteAnnie
The Other Side of Gray
First time I stop by your blog and I love it!!! Would you like to follow each other?
ReplyDeleteang-closet365.blogspot.ca
@Katie I completely agree with you and thats why Im bothered by some of the GabiFresh Trend. Im not looking to be singled out Im just looking to have the same offerings that everyone else gets. I am no different from that girl who is a size 6 and wants to look good. Im a woman plain and simple. I commend what they are doing but I think they are walking a very fine line between and sometimes it does not come across as positive.
ReplyDeleteThanks much @Annie May and @Two Birds Glad you liked it!!!
That is an awesome post.Thanks for the recommend! Loving your blog...newest follower here :)
ReplyDelete<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com
Enter my HANDBAG GIVEAWAY!!!
Thanks for the follow :) Following you back!
DeleteYou know I Feel this post!
ReplyDeleteIt was so real I just had to share it!
DeleteNice bikini... love the flower!
ReplyDelete